Friday 29 April 2011

The ROYAL wedding

This was an event well worth getting up at 2:00am to watch.
The Royal wedding of Prince William to Catherine Middleton.


Lovely smile from the Queen!

Having not had TV for two years (which I have been throughly enjoying) I suddenly felt a bit panicked at the thoughts of missing this momentous occasion - luckily Cassidy and his cousin Colin saved the day, and we had a cable connection just in the nick of time!


Brilliantly barmy Brits lined the streets of London


Yesterday I bought some plain tea cups and saucers to decorate while I watched the wedding. They are inspired by the engagement ring that Catherine wears, which belonged to Diana Princess of Wales.
The sapphire was chosen by Diana, and hails from Sri lanka, just like my Daddy!


3 comments:

  1. What a fun way to celebrate the royal wedding! Your cups and saucers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was a fun thing to amuse myself with whilst taking in the splender

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun thing to do while watching!

    ReplyDelete